Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Year, A New Quiet Time

Last year I had read Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts and journaled my gifts during my quiet time. I also read Eugene Peterson's The Daily Message each day.

This year Hubby bought me a five year journal and Joyce Meyer's Love Out Loud devotional.


My focus this year is LOVE, to love better, deeper and more "felt".  Does that make sense?  Probably not.  I want those I love to FEEL loved.  Part of this is due to the fact that my husband and I have completely opposite love languages.  What would completely knock my socks off in love and adoration means next to nothing to my husband.  And I need to remember that.

Also, I need to love God.  Not just in word, but in deed.  And I need to feel His love.  To know the many, many ways He loves me.

What are you working on for 2013?

Love each other.

1 comment:

  1. Being a neighbour. Had my elderly next door neighbours over for dinner during the Christmas holidays, first time they'd been past my kitchen (the main entry) in the 10 years they'd lived next door. At least we've started.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!