Monday, May 7, 2012

Four years ago...part II

Four years ago today I was in labor with our first child.  Hubby was a fantastic coach and I certainly couldn't have done it without him.  Our nurse even complemented him on his coaching!  After a botched epidural at 6cm, I went au-natural for the rest.  I'll spare you all the details, but I will tell you this:  Giving birth to Kiddo1 was the most amazing thing I've ever done.

Here is our first family photo!  One minute we're a couple and the next...a FAMILY!

Kiddo1 weighed 7lbs 7oz and was born on the 7th of May.  Which is pretty remarkable until you add in this factoid:  Her parents were married on 07.07.07!
  My mom was teaching school.  She and Dad left as soon as the buses left at the end of the day to get to the hospital to hold their new granddaughter.
I love this photo of my Dad holding my daughter.  

Her birthday last year was the last birthday I celebrated with my dad.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!