Sunday, March 18, 2012

Goodbye to my mind and my patterns...

In October, when Kiddo1 and I did a four day roadtrip (two of those days with Grandma) to and from Iowa, all three of us stopped at our favorite quilt store:  Gruber's in St. Cloud!!
 (I'll pause for your applause or for you to share your favorite Gruber's memory)

Kiddo1 had never been to my quilting Mecca and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.  She spotted a Taylor Made Designs book on Little Sassy Skirts.  Being the lover of "twirly skirts" that she is, it was a natural fit for her.  And being the lover of Taylor Made Designs that I am....well, the decision to purchase that pattern book was an easy one.

As we rounded the corner, Kiddo1 spotted the "mama skirt" version of that same book and proclaimed that now all the girls can have the same skirt.  I don't know about that, but I loved that she included me and we put that book in our basket as well.  I picked out a pattern for some great Christmas gifts and we had completed our Gruber's experience (quite possibly the least amount of money I've ever spent at Gruber's).

I read through the patterns that night in our hotel room.  Second to reading cookbooks, I love to read pattern books!  These patterns (as all Taylor Made Designs books are) were very well written and I knew I'd be whipping out coordinating skirts for the girls for Easter.

Brought the books home in a clear plastic sleeve and read them again in our living room.  About a week later, we were having company and decided to rearrange our living room.  I had those books in my hand and (here's the kicker) thought to myself, "I'm going to put these in a safe place where I can find them after we rearrange."

And that pretty much guaranteed that I wouldn't be able to find them.

Haven't seen them since.

And I've turned my house upside down looking for the stupid things.

And Easter is less than a month away.

Pressure on.

Well, when the going gets tough, this mama heads to the internet.  I found a free twirly skirt pattern I can adapt for the girls.  Then I cruised eBay and found the "mama skirt" version for less than half price of new and snapped that up.  Whew!!!

Now I can whip out some Easter duds and we'll be just fine.

And you know those books are going to turn up as soon as I finish the last hem....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!