Thursday, March 1, 2012

3/1 Randomness

It's been a fairly random kind of day.  So, in honor of that, here's some fairly random thoughts:

1.  I have 4 yellow smiley face stickers on my left hand right now.  Courtesy of Kiddo1.  She spent the night at Ga-ma's house and had a sandwich baggie of various stickers as her prize.  And in those stickers were five magnets from Ga-ma's fridge.  Magnets that have been on there longer than I've been around these parts.  An inquisition ensued.  Are these Ga-ma's magnets?  Did she say you could have them?  (You should know that Kiddo1 has a bit of a tucking problem.  As in, she likes to tuck her favorite things into small bags and boxes for safekeeping.)  Eventually we had to call Ga-ma and find out that even though Ga-ma didn't tell her she could take them, she can keep them.  Good grief...

2.  My dear friend E gifted us some bags of clothes for our kiddos.  Kiddo1 sorted through the bags and promptly put on the polka dot footie jammies and the pink shirtdress...AT THE SAME TIME.  Apparently, it's wear-it-if-you-got-it day here on the farm...

3.  Kiddo3 got a total of 17 minutes of nap today and actually sighed with relief when I put her to bed.  Poor thing...

4.  Kiddo2 wears his cowboy hat everywhere, everyday.  Today we went to Pizza Ranch for lunch and for once he fit right into the decor.  And I quote, "LOOK!  Cowboys just like me!"  A lady even took his picture.  I hope it isn't for some sort of unfortunate-headgear-for-children display...

5.  Hubby is watching Duke of Hazzard.  He calls it his "nothing box".  I couldn't agree more.  I've certainly watched my share of Dukes, played the role of Daisy Duke (sans the short shorts) when we would play as kids.  But these days, I prefer an episode of Rawhide.  He just told me "Come, watch.  This is a good one!"  I'm tempted to ask, "Is it the one where Bo and Luke do something, Roscoe and Boss misunderstand and try to frame/arrest them?  Is it the one where they chase the Duke boys and end up crashing into the stream?  Or a tree?  Or each other?"  Now that episode has concluded and I was chastised with (hold on now) "That was a really good one, they lost a lot of parts off of that patrol car!"  Definitely, nothing box...

6.  I bought some yarn on eBay last night.  This could be the start of a whole new addiction.  And I'm trying to plan what projects to take to DC next week.  I may try mittens or socks.  This could either go really well or really bad, baby hats were pretty mindless...

Well, that's enough randomness for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!