Thursday, July 19, 2012

The life of a kiddo

It's been hot, so we've been spending more time inside than normal during the middle of the day.

We don't have air conditioning in our house, so we make ourselves rest and rehydrate.

The kids find ways to occupy their inside time:

Kiddo3 is snuggled in with her favorite blanket (a green fleece that my dad used to cover his arms while he napped) and a book.  And, of course, her Bippy!

Kiddo1 has decided that now that she is four, she is going to wash dishes.  (She's also declared that when she is five she is going to cook supper.)  I've worked with her to learn how to wash dishes and we do it together.  Last week we washed a big pile of baking and cooking dishes and she ended up doing about half of them!  I'm so excited to have a willing helper and she does a great job!

Of course, with all my extra time now I can spend it cleaning a small girl covered in chocolate ice cream and joy.

I heard loud voices coming from the living room.  When I went to investigate, this is what I found.
Jessie and Cowboy Woody were singing in church!  Kiddo1 and Kiddo2 provided the songs and they sang out of a geology "songbook".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!