Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Actually helping

The Hubby and I have had the more amazing series of events recently.  Both of us have been doing a job and Kiddo1 has wanted to help.  If you have children, you know how it goes.  They want to "help" but end up being a huge non-help.  But we let them "help" because we want to them to be with us and learn how to do whatever it is that we are doing.

This has begun to pay off!  I was gone and Hubby needed to unload a 40 bushel tote of grain.  This is a two person job and even then it takes awhile.  But it had to happen and it was just Kiddo1 and him so he thought, "Well, if it takes forever, it has to get done."  Kiddo1 has watched Mom and Dad do this chore often this summer and wanted to help so I would let her scoop with her little bucket and pour it in the big buckets.  On the day I was gone, she really did help!  As in, the job went faster because she was there helping!!  It was a red letter day folks!!

I recently had two episodes of this actual help myself.  Last night I was washing up the dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher and Kiddo1 wanted to help.  Normally, she just plays in the suds, which is fine with me.  But this time, she pulled over a chair, climbed up and began washing a dish.  And she didn't stop until that dish was cleaned to her satisfaction. Then she handed it to me and said, "This clean now Mommy."  And took another one.  All in all, she did four items and she did them well.

Today was laundry day.  Laundry was the first job she ever wanted to help with.  It holds a special place in our hearts.  Here she is, actually helping!!  She's pulling clothes from the dryer and putting them in the basket.  Apparently, when you are three, you must start with the clothes in the back of the dryer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!