Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pupcakes, a heartbreaking tale

My beloved daughter, Kiddo1, turned 2 on Friday. She is in love with dogs, or as she calls them "pups". I blame Dr. Seuss's "Hop On Pop" book for this, she loves 'pup in cup'. For her birthday party, which was on Saturday, the hubby and I stayed up late Friday night to make her pupcakes.

Here is what they were SUPPOSED to look like...


And here is my attempt...

I think they look like deranged Easter bunnies!! It's hopeless, really hopeless. I can't decorate a cake to save my soul. But that isn't the heartbreaking part. Oh no, that's still to come...

Her father and I lovingly placed the deranged Easter bunnies in the cupcake carrier and hubby carried it downstairs and placed it on top of the freezer. Safe from little girls...

Or so we thought...

Kiddo1 found them, screamed "PUPS!" and then pulled the whole thing down onto the cement floor.

Here is the carnage...


Now she's sorting through the wreckage...


Yummmmy, Michelle's White Cake recipe is still delicious!


Did I cry? Nope! I stared in shock, my mouth agape, and then smiled...Why? Because my daughter recognized my deranged Easter bunnies as "PUPS!!" and that's all that really matters! Happy Birthday, my precious girl!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this story! I'm amazed that there is something that you think you can't do -believe me, they were much better pups than what I would have come up with. At least you got a picture before the spill... I'm also anxious to try your dessert recipe - looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all that really matters! Success! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!