Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Newest Farm Member

I'd like you all to meet Hannah, our newest farm member!


Hannah, say hello to everyone.

I've not mentioned her existence the past two plus weeks on purpose because we have a bad track record with cats. It all starts with Duke,

and his slobbery love of chasing cats. The cats are not informed in advance that he will not actually bite them, he just likes to chase. Therefore, they run for their ever-loving lives. When Duke first came, we had 6 cats that spent two weeks on the tops of various vehicles and trees to keep themselves away from this beast.

Back to Hannah, on first arrival, she hid like the rest of the cats (which all but one of them moved away rather than live their lives in a wheel well of a pickup). Then she figured out that although Duke is loyal, he ain't real bright. She gave him one swipe in the nose and now enjoys the run of the farm.

Hannah really is a beautiful cat and very patient with my children, which I appreciate. What I don't appreciate is her loud Siamese voice, particularly at 6:30am under my bedroom window.

I guess we'll survive somehow.

Anyway, welcome to Hannah and we kind of hope she sticks around! Our other cat, Raisin, could use the company and Duke could use the discipline.

1 comment:

  1. MaryEllen ReimersJune 5, 2010 at 4:09 PM

    I love Siamese cats! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!