Saturday, November 21, 2009

A November Update

WOW! It's been over a month since I've last blogged. Simple neglect is my only excuse. The weather has been absolutely wonderful! I must confess that the early October snowfall had me worried about another winter like last year, it started early and stayed late. But it all melted within a day and we have enjoyed unseasonably warm temperatures since. I'd like to be able to stay that I've gotten a ton of work done in the gardens, but I cannot. I've spent a lot of the time with my kiddos, outside and in. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing that I left "undone", but there are a few tasks that could be done either this fall or in the spring.

Seed catalogs have started arriving in my mailbox, three just yesterday! I'll be spending time pouring over them with a cup of homemade hot chocolate in one hand and my trusty pen in the other, making notes and plans for next season. We've had a lot of interest in memberships for next year which is great as we are looking to double our membership to 15 for 2010. I'll be sending out the new (and improved) brochures this week just in time for Thanksgiving.

John and I have been so blessed in the past year! With the arrival of our son and a successful (and educational) first CSA season. Yes, we certainly have much to be thankful for this year. We are celebrating Thanksgiving with a number of friends who are without family this day. I'm providing many things from our garden: squash, green beans, pumpkin, apples (from a neighbor), beets, pickles, carrots. I'll also be baking some bread....definitely a local meal!

Enjoy this time and be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!