Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our Local Meal



This was our supper tonight, Fry Bread Tacos! The dough is from an artisan bread recipe I have that allows me to make a big batch of dough, keep it in the refrigerator and then use it as needed for homemade bread. My oven quit on Friday so I couldn't pop a loaf in the oven. Onto the stovetop it went! The dough has taken on a sourdough flavor and was delicious just by itself. The beef was locally grown from a friend of ours that we traded some work from us for beef from them. The tomatoes were the first of the season and they were wonderful! The lettuce, onions and jalapenos were fresh picked from the garden minutes before we ate them. The only thing in our tacos that wasn't homegrown was the cheese. But I told John, "Give me a year or two with goats and we'll have the cheese too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!