Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I was there, man. I was THERE!

Back in my wild and crazy single days, I hopped on a plane and flew to "the Triangle". Better known as Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina. My brother was a grad student at Duke and had tickets to the Duke-Michigan State Big Ten Challenge Men's basketball game. What you have to understand is that the Duke Blue Devils do not play in a state of the art, gigantic pavilion. Instead, they play in a small fieldhouse. To give a perspective, more people can fit into the Bismarck Civic Center to watch the state class B boys basketball tournament. In other words, two tickets to a Duke mens' game are a pretty hot item.

When I got to NC, my brother informed me that our tickets were second row...ON THE FLOOR! This was too good to be true.

The Cameron Crazies lived up to their name and reputation. An unbelievable amount of research goes into their cheers. They cheer former girlfriends, failed classes, changed majors, ANYTHING. And it is hilarious, I tell you.



This is a picture of my bro and I after the game, decked out in our Duke finest. Yes, my shirt says "Go to Hell Carolina". I still have it, I'll never part with it. Good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!