Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why we do what we do!

Food, Inc. Now here's a movie that explains why we local food growers do what we do! It opened on June 12th nationwide, do your part to spread the word and get out to see it!



We grew up with livestock and we knew that even though we named some of them and some were our pets that they were food and we would eat them. My parents tell the story of when they had the pastor and his family out for a dinner. I was probably 3 or 4 years old at the time. That fall we had kept a heifer, named Hildegard, back for our own use. My mom made a delicious roast beef dinner with all the trimmings and I piped up, "Mom, what part of Hildegard are we eating now?" Now that's knowing EXACTLY where your food comes from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!