Monday, July 21, 2008

Introducing Potatoes and Peas!

Thank you for the wonderful response to our first week of delivery! It was a great feeling to provide families with fresh-from-the-garden produce!! I will be including a recipe sheet sharing some of my favorite ways to prepare the vegetables. This week (delivery on Thursday, July 24th) we have even more to choose from:


The new potatoes are the Red Pontiac variety and they are delicious! We ate some last night and licked the bowl clean. I have a couple of favorite ways to prepare them: boiled or roasted (I'll share the recipes, too.) Just a note that the potatoes will not be washed as the skins are so delicate. But it's that delicate flavor that just explodes in your mouth! Please wash off that clean garden dirt before you prepare them.




The peas are two varieties: Spring and Lincoln and they are "oh-so-good"! My chief pea-picker (aka my husband) wants to eat them all while in the garden. But I've managed to keep a lot of them for you. The peas will be packaged in 2 quart quantities and will be unshelled. Shelling peas is easy and a great way to get kids involved in food preparation. Simply snap the "hat" end of the pea pod, pull apart, and run your thumb along the inside and drop the peas in a bowl (if they don't jump into your mouth, first!). If I were to ever commit a capital offense that required the death penalty, for my last meal I would request creamed peas (along with BBQ lamb ribs, wild rice and chocolate cake). The creamed peas recipe will be in this weeks delivery.

CROP - QUANTITY - PRICE
New Potatoes - $2.00 per pound
Peas (unshelled) - $2.00 per bag
Spinach - 1 gal bag - $3.00
Lettuce - 1 gal bag - $3.00
Garlic - 2 plants - $1.00
Onion - 2 plants - $1.00
Shallot - 1 plant - $1.00

Please place your order via email for delivery on Thursday, July 24th. If you have any questions or comments please let me know. I look forward to hearing from all of you!! Thanks---Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!