Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Veggie Patch Pizza

On Good Friday, our family tradition is to not eat meat.  But Friday is also our family tradition of homemade pizza and ice cream.  Enter veggie patch pizza!

I used grande burrito sized tortillas as my thin pizza crust.

Take some butter.  Only butter.

And smear it over one side of the tortilla.  Use both hands if you want!

Then flip it over so the buttered side is on the bottom.  Why do we do this?  It makes the bottom of the crust nice and crispy, instead of soggy.  

Meanwhile, I started sweating some veggies in my cast iron skillet:  zucchini, red pepper, onion and minced garlic in butter.  
 

 Take 2 Tbsp of homemade pizza sauce and swirl it around.  I don't like a lot of sauce so I use it sparingly.  Do whatever floats your boat.

Then I added some fresh spinach.  I didn't wilt this in the skillet as the heat from the oven will wilt it on the pizza.

Add your vegetables and prepare to add your cheese.

Doesn't it look great?  And we haven't even baked it yet!


This pizza is quick:  10 minutes at 425 degrees is all it takes to get awesome thin crust pizza at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!