Monday, July 28, 2008

The Rise of the Zucchini!

Hi Everyone! A big "THANK YOU" to all who participated last week. I hope you enjoyed all of the fresh food! This week we have even more to choose from for delivery on WEDNESDAY (my father is having surgery on Thursday):

The zucchini have arrived!! I think zucchini is my favorite garden vegetable. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but if I have to pick just one...it's the zucchini! Saute it, roast it, grill it, mix it in bread, cookies, I've even heard of someone making zucchini jelly! My nephew is waiting for a "Goliath" one so he can make many loaves of zucchini bread. As soon as I get one of that size, I'm sending it to Iowa. I wonder how many zucchini have gone through the postal service?



The beets are coming on now, small to medium sized and oh, so tender! I have both red and yellow beets. A yellow beet? Yup, they are a little sweeter and milder tasting than the red beets. We had buttered beets last night and they were delicious. My favorite are pickled beets, yummy!

CROP - QUANTITY - PRICE
Beets - $2.00 per bunch (6 beets in a bunch)
Zucchini - 2 for $1.00
New Potatoes - $2.00 per pound
Peas (unshelled) - $2.00 per bag
Lettuce - 1 gal bag - $3.00
Garlic - 2 plants - $1.00
Onion - 2 plants - $1.00
Shallot - 1 plant - $1.00

This week delivery is on Wednesday due to me being out of town on Thursday. Please email your orders by Tuesday at 6pm. Thank you for interest in eating home-grown produce!

We've had a great response at the Gackle Farmer's Market which is held on Saturdays from 3-5pm. Here's my booth:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!